Thursday, April 23, 2009

Inspiration from a Foodie..

Do you have a friend that inspires you everytime you chit chat? I have many and for all reasons you can imagine ..but tonight I want to talk about Lara..

Lara is the Foodie of all Foodies and inspires me greatly everytime we chat... ecspecially about food! She cooks EVERYTHING from scratch, I mean she makes her own pizza dough, bakes her own fishsticks with her own breadcrumbs made from Trader Joe's O'S and other goodies I won't tell..I remember the first time we went to her house for dinner and she made these gourmet chicken enchiladas, saffron rice (I didn't know what saffron was either but I am addicted now, it's an herb) and refried beans.. and YES even the beans.


So we are chatting about dinners and the kids and what they eat (her kids eat everything by the way, kale soup is what really got me) and she goes on about this macadamian nut crusted salmon she made with some shrimp wild rice for Easter and as I am drooling on myself, dreaming of her cooking for just me... I hear something about pesto and I think Ohh! Pesto I can do.. what about pesto? sundried tomatoes? but I don't have pine nuts? easy? put it on what??

So here is my inspiration from Foodie Lara (please Lara start a food blog and call it that)..
it's sundried tomato pesto.. and it was

D.E.L.I.S.H.- ious!





1 comment:

Lara said...

I want to meet your friend Lara... she sounds ALMOST as fabulous as my friend Fawn! ;) xoxoxo