Wednesday, April 27, 2011

gracelend.. creamsicles and a lilac rose..

IMG_p8400
i went to visit my grandparents this weekend..
i sat in the quiet and we chatted about life.. my wonderful husband and kids.. photography, the half marathon we just ran, cooking, i watched my grandpa cut a coupon.. he loves coupons and whenever you visit.. he always has a ton to give you..
"you eat turkey?.. here is a coupon for turkey.."
my grandma and i went for a stroll along my grandma's GORGEOUS rose garden..
for as long as i can remember, my grandma has had beautiful roses..
i remember her pruning them and speaking spanish to her gardner with detailed instructions..
she is part spanish.. i have always loved that about her too..
so these yellow beauties are called the graceland rose named after elvis..
i was reading they are no longer in production..
makes them even more special..


IMG_p8403

i am totally drawn to these gorgeous lilac colored roses..
you don't see this color very often..
it is so lovely..

IMG_p8397



and this pastel orange reminds me of creamsicles and sherbert ice cream..
isn't mother nature such a diva?
she creates some beautiful eye candy..

IMG_p8399

No comments: